The astonishing thing about this time is that the outstanding representatives of the West have lost all decency and self-respect: they lie unmoved, they exaggerate, they are perfect in their method of holding the thief. This is what Mrs von der Leyen's contribution to NATO's 70th anniversary in the New York Times on 18 January 2019 shows. The article is worth reading because you can learn from it how subtle and self-confident the propaganda is. Below you will find the link to the original text in the New York Times.
Some striking details in the text by Frau von der Leyen:
- According to Mrs von der Leyen, NATO does not only serve Western defence. It defends the "world" order or as the title shows: "The world still needs NATO".
- The alleged "Russian aggression in Eastern Europe" is now so firmly anchored in propaganda that Frau von der Leyen does not even have to put it in quotation marks. This is a huge success of Western propaganda. Not so long ago, work was being done on anchoring in people's minds that the Russians and the West were equally to blame for the new confrontation. The former co-editor of the NachDenkSeiten, Dr. Lieb, has tried to do the same - one of the reasons for the separation.
- It is boldly claimed that Russia has "occupied Ukraine",
- Of course, not a single word of the $5 billion that the USA has invested in Ukraine in propaganda and the development of NGOs in order to annex Ukraine, including the port of Sevastopol leased by Russia, to the West.
- Not a word about the wars of the West and their terrible, devastating consequences in Libya, in Iraq, in Afghanistan, in Syria, in Yemen.
- Not a hint of the idea, which had even found its way into the SPD's Berlin basic programme, to dissolve NATO.
- Russia (and others) are said to be trying to undermine the rules that determined the era of democracy and prosperity after the Second World War.
- Not a word of common security.
- Not a word of disarmament, but instead hymns of praise for rearmament.
- Of course, the fall of the wall is also a success for NATO.
- etc., unbearable.
One thing should be clear after this article as well as after the interview with Stoltenberg/NATO in ZDF ‘s television news magazine Heute Journal on 1st of February: What is haunting some people's minds- USA want to get out of Europe -, is vain fantasy. Both media events clearly show that the USA, NATO and Europe are closely and inextricably linked.
Mrs von der Leyen's article is related to a true firework of similar propaganda in German media.